Bakefromthe5 gave us the inside exclusive on who he is and what he has coming next. Be sure to check him out below.
What’s your stage name and how did you come up with it?
My stage name is Bakefromthe5, my pops nickname is Bake and thats my OG and the 5 is the 252. Farmville, North Carolina.
● What got you into music?
I always been into music, from burning cds of my favorite songs to just listening to my family play old school classics. Kel got me into producing and I always wanted to hear my voice on a beat that I made.
● What was life like growing up?
Life growing up had its ups and downs, I always had my family behind me and thats been my biggest advantage in life altogether. I stayed to myself a lot, i spent most of my time by myself just wishing and dreaming of how I wanted life to be. We moved a good amount but Farmville is the only place that truly feels like home. I had some the best siblings that I appreciate to this day.
● Who is your inspiration? What keeps you going to get up daily and put effort into your music career?
My inspiration is the idea of my parents retiring and me being able to live the life I always wanted to live. I always wanted to put a plaque inside of my parent’s house. I’m never satisfied with how my life is and it just pushes me to do better.
● What is your creative process like? What is the meaning behind
your current single?
I like to just take time to myself and write lyrics down without a beat, then fit it into a song. When making a beat I always start with the sample/melody, then continue to the drums. Farmville Freestyle was me showing people that i’m not just a producer and that I have a pen and also to rep the city I claim.
● What is the name of the current single/ep/album that you are pushing? Do you prefer people to buy it or stream? And why?
Farmville Freestyle, while I’m working on my fourth mixtape “Heroes Heart, Villain Mind”. Buy it, stream it, download it, it doesn’t even matter I just appreciate the support honestly.
● With the industry changing so much, would you stay indie or sign to a label? Why and why not?
I started my own label “Gold Slugs Productions”, unless the perfect deal is offered, I would only want a distribution deal.
● Do you feel like the music industry has went down since the pandemic? Why or why not? Where you affected by the pandemic with music or everyday life?
I think it has its pros and cons because we seen independent artist make that jump and pushed their own careers. A con would definitely be things being over saturated. The pandemic was a secret blessing to me musically, as I was forced to learn how to make better beats as my family moved to Va at the height of the pandemic. Without knowing anybody and the outside world being shut down, I stayed in the house and made beats everyday. This is when I made the beat that would later be “Gang Nem” by Glorilla and “Let A Hoe Play” by AR The Mermaid.
● If you were give a chance to sit down and have a business dinner with a celebrity who would it be and why?
J. Cole, really get to understand someone from NC who authentically made a career being himself and being the best that their is.
● How do you balance everyday life tied into your music career?
I have had a hard time balancing everyday life with my music, working and trying to pursue the music dream at the same time. I write lyrics at work and make beats when I get off.
● Tell me about your most memorable moment in your career?
Producing Gang Nem for Glorilla and performing with Slugga in Raleigh for my first performance.
● What style of music do you prefer to make? Would you ever try a different lane?
My style is raw, club, high energy mixed with heavy punchlines. I would always be open to experiment and test my range.
● Do you have a celebrity crush?
Coi Leray. Hands down I always wanted Coi Leray
● Is there anyone who you would collab with right now?
Man its so many people I want to work with. I’m always open as a producer to work with people long as they do correct business.
● Who is the producer and engineer behind your music?
I’m my own producer unless I venture out to connect, which I do and shout out to every producer i’ve collaborated with. Rj Dusse is my engineer, he had recorded 90% of the songs I’ve rapped on. The Farmville Freestyle was recorded at Kel house, I recorded myself but Dussed mastered it.
● What are you currently working on and what is next for you?
Heroes Heart, Villain Mind.
● When it comes to fashion, whats your dressing style ?
I never like to limit myself to one style, whatever looks good I like to put on. I’m not really into designer like everybody else though.
● If you could open up for one celebrity who would it be and why?
I would open up for Drake just because he has been my favorite artist since I was 10 years old.
● What would you be doing right now if it wasn’t for your music career?
Running a business still, the goal was to always work for myself. I would probably still be doing photography.
● What is one message you would give to your fans?
I appreciate every last one of yall. I’m truly blessed to have the supporters I do have.
Stay tuned and follow @Bakefromthe5