It’s no surprise that Texas has a lot of hidden talent. This artist, Young Trotter is making some serious noise in the streets. We wanted to know more about who she is and how she got started. Catch the exclusive below.
● Tell me in a few words, who you are. How would you describe yourself in a short story.
I am Young Trotter . The Realist Of Them To Ever Reign. I am Texas raised, Texas made! I reside in Dallas. I am Go-getting artist, entrepreneur, and I make fire music! You can say I do it all!
● What’s your stage name and how did you come up with it?
I am Young Trotter . The Realist Of Them To Ever Reign. Trotter is my last name , Trotter is me leaving my Legacy.
● What got you into music?
My big cousin was a producer, and I always watched him. When I was in middle school, I learned and fell in love with free-styling from seeing the kids at school do it at the lunch tables . I took off from there .
● What was life like growing up?
Life was very fast. I had to learn quick. I had a lot of responsibilities at a young age . That’s what shaped me into who I am today.
● Who is your inspiration? What keeps you going to get up daily and put effort into your music career?
My past is my inspiration, it gives me resilience and motivation to keep going each day.
● What is your creative process like? What is the meaning behind
your current single?
My creative process consists of letting the music and art of it come to me , and also taking situations around me and putting them into musical form. The meaning behind my single is to inform individuals, that I ain’t forgot !! No bond is not an option !
● What is the name of the current single/ep/album that you are pushing? Do you prefer people to buy it or stream? And why?
Current single i am pushing is called uhn huh no preference I prefer to do their own thing as long as they are listening !
● With the industry changing so much, would you stay indie or sign to a label? Why and why not?
I would like to stay independent, because I want to have full creative control . Over my music and image .
● Do you feel like the music industry has went down since the pandemic? Why or why not? Where you affected by the pandemic with music or everyday life?
I feel like it’s went up, because it’s giving artist more time to create. I was not affected in either way, it just made me go harder !
● If you were give a chance to sit down and have a business dinner with a celebrity who would it be and why?
I would have a dinner with MoneyMan I respect his business Mindset as an artist, more than anything. He’s independent , like me and I can learn from him.
● How do you balance everyday life tied into your music career?
I try to keep a schedule going , so all mandatory things are done! I try to make time for the people I love and care about , while keeping a good balance .
● Tell me about your most memorable moment in your career?
Going on Tour I feel like will be my most memorable moment ! I’m going to make sure of that!
● What style of music do you prefer to make? Would you ever try a different lane?
I prefer to make hip hop/RnB music , I would try a different lance though.
● Do you have a celebrity crush?
Yeah! My celebrity crush is Jazmine Sullivan
● Is there anyone who you would collab with right now?
I would collab with any artist who wants to work with me, has a similar mindset , and the right budget!
● Who is the producer and engineer behind your music?
Right now it’s quite a few JordenKiddo being one .
● What are you currently working on and what is next for you?
Currently working on an EP, and next for me is The Tour Life !
● When it comes to fashion, whats your dressing style ?
When it comes to fashion I put that shit on!! Drip must be on , I have to! Always comfortable and drippy .
● What is your creative process like and who inspired you to make music?
I let the art come to me , and I look at my situation and situations around me .
My supporters inspire me to keep going .
● If you could open up for one celebrity who would it be and why?
I would open up for MoneyMan, because I like his music and vibe .
● Any funny stories or an embarrassing moments you want to share with our readers?
I’ve dropped the mic like three times at my performances while preforming , it didn’t get a bad response , but I’m for sure working on that!
● What would you be doing right now if it wasn’t for your music career?
I would continue being an entrepreneur!
● What is one message you would give to your fans?
Block out all the negativity and go for what you believe in!
To check out Young Trotter’s music you can stream it on all platform.